Search This Blog

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday Blues

What a depressing rainy day in Ohio this Sunday!!! I ache all over. The house is a mess. I have no energy. I do declare this a down day. Sunday is bittersweet. It's my last day off for 5 whole days, so I should find a way to enjoy it, but Monday and the beginning of the work week weigh heavily on my mind.

It's not that I don't like my job, it has it's ups and downs just like I do. I just really wish I didn't need to work. I know the old saying, that idle hands are the devil's tools, but I'd like to find out.

The longest I've been unemployed since I started working at 16 was in 2008. And it was great, except for the fact I was broke and unemployment didn't cover the rent plus utilities and my kid wanted stupid things, like food to eat.

But alas, I've checked my lottery numbers and I'm still working poor. The sad story of my life will be that I worked and still didn't amount to anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment