Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

On The Road

Well the time has come in the year when people are traveling more. I don't mind the traveling as much as everything you have to do to get ready to travel. Taking out the trash, getting someone to dog sit, washing all the dishes, making sure there's nothing the cat can get into or anything bugs would want. It's exhausting!

It makes me never want to leave my house. But it's for a good cause. I get to see Meemaw for the first time in 10 years. She's been sick and fell recently. At 86 the number of days remaining on her lifespan are rapidly declining. My uncle says there are times when she gets confused and isn't sure when it is, minor dementia, but it worries me.

Meemaw is fiercly independent and a fighter. She pulled out all her i.v.'s at the hospital and was getting dressed to go home when the nurses came rushing in on her. They had to put her in restraints to keep her from leaving the hospital!!!

I hope we travel safely and have a good visit with Meemaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment