Search This Blog

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sometimes it sucks to be a woman!

So I am treating my dad to a father's day weekend outing. He comes up Friday night so we can leave for the Columbus Zoo first thing in the morning to get a full day in. We go to eat some pizza, then we go see Toy Story 3. All is well. Dad is happy. We call it a night.

I wake up. Weather is so nice. A great breeze blowing, no rain in sight, it's not too hot. After taking Sophie to the dog park for 30 minutes, I get home and we get moving to the Zoo. The Zoo was great until around NOON!!! High NOON!!! The breeze vanishes it. The heat cranks up 15 degrees and the humidity doubles. We are all hot and sweaty. Zoo is not so much fun anymore. My hips are just aching. I feel like I'm going to puke. We stop to take a bathroom break around 1:30 after teh Gorilla's. My monthly gift has arrived from mother nature!!! Sometimes it sucks to be a woman!!!
Luckily, my dad is very understanding. The zoo was closing early at 3 anyway. We tried to go to the austraila exhibit and I just couldn't go any further. It was 2pm. so we all agreed to pack it up and head on out.

We went to City BBQ and had some chocolate ice cream next door at Graeter's. All was well. We got home. Dad loaded up and headed home. I don't think it was a bad trip, but it could have been better. I told Dad the zoo would be perfect if it was all insided and air conditioned!!! He thought that was funny.

Dad did have a interesting encounter with a silver back gorilla. He thought that was cool. The gorilla snuck up behind dad and when dad turned around looked at him and their eyes met the gorilla slammed his shoulder into the glass. It made a huge boom like a clap of thunder. Dad jumped and little girls screamed. The gorilla looked quite pleased with himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment