Search This Blog

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Locked myself out!

i'm on vacation all next week. so i woke up on fire to get the house cleaned, the errands ran, and just be able to relax for a couple of days with no chores to do.

i start out good. i got alot of cleaning done. so i thought, time to run the errands. i go get some groceries, a money order, i come home, open the garage, pull in and go to turn the knob on the garage door to the house and it is LOCKED!!!

i usually don't lock it, but my garage door had broken and i had started locking the garage door to the house, since anyone could open my garage door, because it was on manual.

The garage door got fixed Friday, but i forgot to unlock the door into the house. so here i am with milk and fruit in hot humid weather, totally locked out. my house keys are on the hook in the house. I go to get my cell phone out of my purse to call my kid to find out how she picks the lock and i forgot my cell phone!

i am on a roll here.

i go down to the neighbor, he's washing his car, and he hands me his cell phone so i can call the office and get the after hours emergency number for maitenance. and his cell phone keeps freezing up. wonderful!!!

he finally gets his cell to work and i get the call in. I am so thankful our landlords live in the house next door. He came right over. I apologized for being an idiot, explained to him what happened, he asked if they had fixed the garage door and what had been wrong with it. I told him it was fixed and that the circuit board in the actual garage door device had to be replaced. he was really nice about it, but i told him i was going right back out to get a spare key made to keep in my car.

so i went back out, got 2 spare keys made, and came back and thankfully they both worked!!! one is in my purse, the other in my car, being in apartment complex, it is not like a can do a hide a key.

but i was determined to finish cleaning. and i must say the place looks spiffy. i notice that when i have a clean house i just feel calmer. clutter induces frenzy. i rearranged my bedroom. and i packed up some old clothes to donate. i just got to finish laundry, organize my wreck of a closet, and put away the dishes.

it's not 5pm and i'm physically exhausted and emotionally tapped out!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment