Search This Blog

Saturday, February 5, 2011

tax time

got my taxes filed. get back money at federal and state, but owe city :(
but i will have a huge down payment for a new(er) car. poor betty, is on her last legs. she's 15 years old, has almost 280,000 miles on her and can't go in park anymore. she needs a new windshield, brakes in the back, whatever is wrong with the car not able to go into park, she's leaking oil and transmission fluid. i think it's safe to say betty is ready to retire!!!

i'm going to have a car payment for the first time since 2004!!! that will be an adjustment, plus i'll have to up my insurance from collision only to comprehensive. my kid will be driving the new(er) car, so it's going to need all the coverage it can get! but it's going to be nice to have a new(er) set of wheels. it takes me 2 hours to see my family. that's 100 miles one way!

here's hoping my new(er) car is as reliable as betty has been!!

No comments:

Post a Comment