Search This Blog

Friday, January 28, 2011

11.7 down yipee!

despite almost crashing and burning on the diet, i recovered and lost 3.1 pounds this week. my cholesterol and tryglcerides were both down by an at least 20 points! This is progress. My little pig out was 1,060 calories. I had no idea a small pizza had so many calories! Education when you are trying to lose weight is key.

The nutritionist was encouraging. I minimized my splurge and by recognizing why i splurged, mental distress, i can work to change that bad habit. she said if it happens again, instead of pizza, get a grilled chicken breast and veggies at a restaurant. Or grill a hamburger with cheese and no bun. But she'd prefer I not go ape at all and just drink the shakes and have one of their soups to take off the edge.

it's progress. i'm a work in progress, but i will win. i can do this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment