Search This Blog

Friday, July 8, 2011

weekend goals

this weekend i'd like to get some stuff from hobby lobby, 1/2 priced books, and see if i can get back on the wagon with drawing and painting. i have been unable to find any paintings i like to hang up on my bedroom wall and i need a landscape or flower painting for the dining room. i see myself painting in my mind, but it was 15 when i did my first and last oil painting.

crafts, painting, sewing, quilting, knitting, that was all my mom's thing. and no matter how much i tried, she always critized my efforts, so after the painting fiasco i just gave up. after she died, the thought of painting is bittersweet. i want to paint. i enjoyed painting and drawing when i was younger, but i have a built in anxiety for it.

i think i will work on it. now that i'm 40 days plus not watching tv, i am finding more time on my hands and i'd like to be productive with that time. grandma moses didn't start painting until she was in her 70's it is never too late to learn and grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment