Search This Blog

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Red, Redder, and Reddest of All

I am a natural blonde, in case you hadn't guessed that by all my blonde moments, but I do like to color my hair various shades of blonde and red. My hair was looking a very very dirty blonde and grays were showing themselves so I thought it was time to get some red hair color and make a change.

I picked light cherry auburn as my color.

I focused on the roots and the ends and went to do the middle. My hair is thick and long right now. I ran out of dye. There wasn't enough to fully coat the middle. I went ahead and finished. When it dried there was way too much blonde still in the center. It looked two tone in a very bad way. So I went up to the store to buy another box of it but they were out.

So I bought the next color closest too it, just auburn, MISTAKE!

My hair is a very dark red now with some lighter red mixed in. It is still very two toned and it looks bad. My kid is just get some blonde and dye it back. I asked her if she wanted all my hair to fall out! So I am stuck for at least a month with this red, redder, to reddest hair. I hate it.

The good news is the little kids in the apartment complex like it.

The reaction amongst the adults was more like what the hell did you do to your hair.
Hell is a nice way to phrase it, I tried to tell one guy my hair had always been this color and he just never paid attention it. He didn't buy that.

I think end of May we will be going honey to golden blonde and see what happens.

I do thank God that if even this fails, it is hair, and it does grow back, and I can just get it cut super short like Pink, into a pixie cut, and start over.

This is why I don't get piercings or tattoo's. If i mess those up they are permanent!

No comments:

Post a Comment