Search This Blog

Thursday, August 12, 2010

my failed experiment

i attempted to unplug from technology for a whole week. i caved after 2 days. i had been doing well. the silence was nerve wracking at first but i adapted to it. i even wrote some on my short story the she-geek. but the 2nd night i was tired and hurting so i crashed in bed and turned on the tv to watch pretty little liars. i didn't really miss the internet or even the tv that much. all tho i did find myself wanting to google things.

i wanted to see if i could focus on my writing in the evenings after work and unload some of these ideas i've had spinning in my head for years. it turns out i'm so fucking lazy i couldn't even do that for more then a day. i think we need another wind storm to knock power out for 4 days so i can force myself to make some progress.
i don't want to be a computer programmer the rest of my life. i want to write. i love to write. i just lack the discipline.

i've always lacked self-control. this is depressing me. i will try again. it's all in my head, the stories, that is, if i can just sit down and get it out i think i'd feel much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment